Day ~43.
Not sleeping, because I wake up every two hours either needing to pee or wanting to puke. I wonder if this is nature's way of preparing me for sleep deprivation and two-hour feedings?
Nobody ever warned me I would feel like this so early on. I knew about morning sickness, but the constant peeing? I thought that came later, when baby was bigger and pressing on my bladder. And the general feeling of ... I don't know, strangeness. Like I'm not really awake, or like I'm going to pass out, or like everything is grey and the air tastes bitter. Smells are starting to bother me. I've been using fine point sharpies for three years, and yet today, the smell of the marker made me ill. The hallway at work smelled like food, and made me ill. My hands smelled like pennies, and made me ill. It's like drawing the short straw on the day they hand out superpowers.
I can say that all the online advice to eat pretty much constantly in order to ward off the nausea is very true. As soon as I can tolerate the idea of food in the morning, that is. In the wee hours, lying there in bed in agony, the thought of putting something into my mouth is awful. But about 10 minutes after I do, I feel better.
Keeping crackers next to the bed, starting tonight. Keeping granola bars and fruit in my purse, starting today.
I have a cute plan to tell my family. I was going to wait until after R and K's wedding, but I think I'm going to need the support and the excitement of people around me pretty soon. Not to mention extra understanding when I don't feel up to much.
Or when I look green.
No comments:
Post a Comment