Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Day ~84 - Week 12!
Nausea scale: 2
Times up to pee: zero times! Zero times up to pee! mwah ha ha ha!*
*(That was The Count, from Sesame Street. Can you tell I am giddy about my pee-free nights of slumber?)


It seems as if I am right on schedule, according the various e-sources I reference daily - I've felt so much better, so much of the time, it is almost possible to forget the hell of the early days of morning sickness. I still get nauseous in the afternoons, right before lunch, and it doesn't go away after eating. And I did have one solid day of wanting to curl up around the misery of my stomach pit and cry. But it is a very dull roar compared to the white, trembling, green-ness of the "early days."

And, I am sleeping, and feeling energized in the mornings, and sometimes a regular perky-fest with my co-workers.

I am amazed that I have not had a cup of coffee since January. After checking with my doc and multiple sources about the okay-ness of having a little caffeine here and there, I did have my first cup of decaf, heavy on the milk, when I went out for breakfast crepes with mom this weekend. And only because I was so excited that it sounded good to me - instead of making me violently ill at the very thought!

I'm still really tired by about 7pm, and poor DTB has the whole mess of the house on his shoulders. So today at lunch, I felt pretty good, and stopped by home and ripped through loading the dishwasher and straightening some of the various stacks of paper that have drifted like a slow-moving blizzard across our dining room. With any luck, I'll be a regular nesting, homemaking machine in short order. Ha - that would be something new!

I am also officially uncomfortable in my most recently purchased "big" pants, and bought (gulp) some size 14s at Old Navy during a doomed trip to their maternity section. I was so pissed off after observing the pure hilarity of maternity clothes on my not-quite-ready body, I threw a mini-temper tantrum with DTB, wherein he started pulling piles of clothes off the regular racks, in all sizes, and forced me try on basically everything until I found two shirts, the pants, and a camisole that didn't make me shriek.

K's bridal shower was Sunday - my debut as a publically pregnant person. I had not yet been to any group occasion where the majority of the people knew. The funny part was that most of them weren't sure if I knew they knew, so even though I was the self-conscious one, I had to take mercy on them all and break the ice by acknowledging it. Standing in the buffet line - "I am eating all the time! That's definitely one symptom!" or the more straight-forward, "So, I'm sure K told you my big news!" It all went much better than expected, and I didn't feel too grotesque in my soft skirt and top, and it was actually really nice to experience people being happy for me.

Still haven't told the boss ... I think it will have to be next week, since he is out of the office the next two days and we have an all-staff retreat on Friday. I gotta have the sit-down before the public announcement.

The baby is now over two inches long, with toes and fingers, tooth buds ... the irises form this week. Soon, the inner ear will be formed, and it can listen ...

No comments: