Day ~58. Week 8.
Nausea scale: 6, thanks to eating and eating
Numbers of pees last night: 4
Nonna knows!
We told her on Sunday, during her early birthday "family day." She couldn't believe it. Cried of course. And has been very gentle and encouraging to me ever since. Thank goodness. I was hoping that would be the case, and it wouldn't just send her into a tailspin of depression. Her life was shattered, and now everything held in relation to it magnifies what she once was, and now isn't. This time, though ... she almost seems herself. Wanting to sew me maternity tops, asking if I'm tired. She's excited. I hope it helps her find a new center to her life.
DTB, too, has been so extremely sweet lately. Taking care of me. Checking on me. I'm stunned, a little! He keeps telling me how beautiful I am.
Yesterday was the worst nausea yet. Definitely a 9 on the misery scale. I left work early, feeling as if I would surely heave my guts out on the way home. I was crying. It was awful. Later, I found a really good site about morning sickness, and I realized that my bad day was probably a combination of a few things: the cheeseburger I ate the night before (greasy and not easily digested), and not eating regularly enough throughout the day (stomach full of acid). I got myself home, made peanut butter toast, got into my biggest sweatpants, and did not move from the couch until bedtime.
Today, I am eating something small every hour and a half. Peanut buttter saltines, granola bar, carrot sticks, sparkling orange drink. Surely, I need more fruit and vegetables.
I wrote mom an email yesterday, letting her know that it is hard for me to ask her for help, but that I think I really need it. That I would be so relieved if she'd go to the store with me every Saturday, help me load up on nutritious things to eat, and then help me cut fruit, make salad, prepare dishes for the week ahead. Until I stop being so tired, I know I need help, so I am forcing myself to ask.
R and K have both managed to leak the secret to other people, and we were really upset about it when we found out. DTB's parents don't even know yet. I'm not ready to talk about it to anyone. And it isn't theirs to tell. We let them know we weren't happy, as nicely as we could, and they got the drift.
Last night I was up to pee four times, every two hours. Ate four saltines. Can't seem to sleep on my left side - only my right.
I'm now in week 8! Our appointment is two weeks from today.
We just confirmed plans for the big group vacation with my best friends and their families - amazing to think I will be 29 weeks pregnant by then - and none of them even know it yet! I think I'll break the news by telling them that I want to bring someone else along. It'll annoy them, and then I'll spill. Heh heh. Evil laugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment