Day ~69
Week 10 begins tomorrow!
Nausea scale: 3
Times up to pee: 1
I almost don't want to say it, for fear of jinxing it, but ... could the nausea be passing???
For three days, I haven't been sick in the morning, just brief, low waves when I'm hungry or at odd moments. The fatigue is still here - if I'm not in bed by 10:30 I am practically inconsolable. But the queasiness is abating, and I am so relieved.
We had M and A over for dinner on Saturday, and because wine is always such a feature at our house, it was the time to spill the news to another set of friends. M had suspected ... he has an amazing radar for pregnant women! They were really happy for us. M, in fact, was actually beaming. A asked what my plans are for work ... and it really hit me that I will actually have to figure something out, something complex and critically important. I want to keep my job ... I have to keep my job. The retirement contributions alone make up for the cost of daycare or a nanny. I pray that The Big Boss will work with me, be progressive, and allow a compressed workweek or telecommuting or reduced hours.
I don't think I can keep it a secret at the office for more than a couple more weeks. I am gaining a little too much weight, needing all new clothes, my face is rounding out a touch ... I am, of course, despairing at these facts, since at Week 10, there should barely be an outward sign. But I have to accept that my body is going to react this way. It will have its own style of accommodating pregnancy. Now that the nausea is passing, I must start exercising daily, which will slow things down a little. Maybe I can make up for the weight gain in the next month by not gaining any more.
The baby (I can almost say that word out loud without my head spinning around ...) has as its limbs and joints, fingers and toes, and is moving on its own, now. As big as a grape ...
I might be falling the teeniest bit in love with this whole idea ...
No comments:
Post a Comment