Thursday, February 16, 2006

Day ~72 - Heartbeat Day!


We heard it!

The fluttering, rapid, swish-swish-swishing of our baby's heartbeat!

I adore my doctor. She is the most compassionate, thorough, genuine person - and she was just as excited as we were when she, after moments of silence and holding our collective breath, she moved the wand just one more inch and there, behind the static was the tiny, pumping heart of this person that is both of us.

My eyes were so wide, the sky could have fallen into them - my mouth slightly open and stretched to an uncontrollable, wondering grin. DTB said his own heart rate was steady until the sound came clear, and then it raced to catch up.

We were giddy! We were quiet, but jumping in our skins, and DTB kept telling me what a good job I'm doing, and I got a million things done that afternoon just flying high on the joy and amazement of it all.

The doc lectured me about water intake (dehydration can cause contractions), told me not to worry about the weight, just to eat well and watch my sugar and salt. Blood was drawn, the nurses kept smiling at us, and everything just came alive.

Next appointment is March 16. No ultrasound photos until week 20 or so ... I can hardly wait!

No comments: