Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Day ~211

The Belly Groweth

I keep forgetting how this feels ... these belly growth spurts! It hasn't ceased to amaze me that this isn't like the gradual creeping of non-pregnancy weight gain, wherein one can gain 40 pounds without really admitting it until you're buying a size 16. No - this comes in gigantic, overnight swellings! Between last Thursday, and today, at least one of my shirts has gone from comfortable to very, very snug. I have that odd burning, nauseous sensation that I've had now and then from the beginning, right before seeing a big increase in belly girth. And most definitely, everything feels rounder, and firmer, and BIGGER than just two days ago.

Tonight, you really put on a show for daddy and me. Rolling waves and swells on the side of my stomach, which we think may have been stretching hands ... daddy made shadow puppets on the belly and you responded with sweet little pushes. Pretty cool stuff, kid. (Also very Alien-esque, quite frankly, but sci-fi cool anyway).

I made my very first clothing purchase as a mama today. A cute little orange vintage dress with smocking and tiny rick-rack across the bottom, for $2.25 at a thrift store; and a funky paisley shirt for when you're just about walking. I also drooled over the cuteness of these little booties with rocket ship pilot girls on the toes ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I run a website, Babes in Blogland, that lists ttc, expecting, and new-parent bloggers to help us all find one another. I've added you to the blogroll. If you need me to correct any information or if you would like for me to remove the link, please let me know.

Thank you and congratulations.

Mrs. Flinger said...

I remember that first onsie I purchased for LB. It's such a thrill to actually buy something baby for noone but yourself and your belly human. Congrats! Many more fun shopping trips to come.