Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Day ~147

She has moved, like, three times in two days - and it is really bothering me. I just want to know she's okay in there. I could call the doc and ask to come in to hear the heartbeat, but they will just think I'm crazy. Should I care if they think I'm crazy? Probably not.

I have woken up a few mornings throughout this whole experience and felt, just ... not pregnant. And that bothers me. This morning was one of those mornings. The belly is still there and there isn't any bleeding (for almost a week now). I must be crazy. OK, I'll just go home and lie down and drink some juice and concentrate and hopefully she'll do a little dance to say hello.

Move, baby, move - give me a little jab. DTB says you're just sleeping a whole, whole lot. Wake up and play!

3 comments:

marlynn said...

Some of my friends had babies that didn't move much during their pregnancies, or at least they didn't feel it or notice it as much. She's probably just hanging out enjoying the ride :).

Thanks for visiting my blogs! I'm enjoying reading through yours and taking a trip down memory lane. What a beautiful, magical time...I hope you are enjoying the ride too! :)

homunculus said...

Two thoughts: I think that you should, by all means, go to your doctor's office. I used to work as an health educator and part of that job was teaching women how to advocate for themselves in a medical setting. One of the things we (both men and women) often do is forget that we pay (out of pocket, thru insurance premiums, and/or thru tax dollars) for medical services. You have every right to know that your baby is fine! Having said that, I felt pretty sheepish calling up my doctor's office re: a headache several weeks ago. Even though all the books said headaches were normal, I suddenly freaked out that there was something wrong. When i called up the md office, they actually insisted I come in. They said, "It'll take us only a few minutes to make sure everything is okay." I love my ob clinic. They checked my blood pressure, listened to the baby and I was on my way.

2nd thought: I hadn't felt baby move in a while either until several nights ago I went to my yoga class and we did shoulder stands. She must've been so excited about inverting because she hasn't stopped poking at me ever since (even dad can feel her now!). Although maybe it isn't necessary to hang upside down, I think that the temporary change in her home really woke her up. Is that possible? Is it good?

Isn't it scary being a parent and feeling powerless about your baby? I suspect it doesn't get easier.

Mrs. Flinger said...

Hi, I found you from UrbanMammas. I live just south of Portland so I'm loving meeting other people close!

I love this post because it reminded me so much of when I was pregnant with LB. Ohmahgah. I used to call the nurse every three or four days if she didn't move enough. Heck, I even woke up and jiggled my belly or ate yogurt if I didn't think she was moving enough. :-)

You're not alone!