Thursday, May 04, 2006

Day ~148

I can stop biting my fingernails [a habit I hope Miss Belly never picks up] - after another morning of feeling no movement, I called my doc and meekly asked if I could come have a listen via doppler. I love my doctor's office. They are so cool about stuff like that. My doc's PA said, "Oh sure! Come on over. You don't even have to call first, just stop by and tell them to page me whenever - we'll take a listen every day if you want. I was completely paranoid through all four [!] of my pregnancies."

So I cut short my lunch and hopped in the car and zoomed over, and the PA came right out and hustled me in and squirted cold gel on my belly and *boink!* plopped down the wand. After just a couple scoots, there it was - swishswishswishswish.

She's just hangin' out, right behind my belly button.

The PA's theory is that the warm weather may have slowed her down. She asked if I'd tried chugging a bunch of juice and then lying down. Um, yes. A gallon's worth in the past three days. Taking a bath? Yes. I've also tried music, deep breathing, belly massage, having DTB talk to her, and M&Ms. No dice. A coworker recommended holding an ice pack or cold water bottle on my belly, and I would have resorted to that next.

But now I can stop obsessing for a few days. That is, I can switch obsessive topics - next up: changing table versus dresser with changing pad on top?

Isn't there a war in Iraq, or something?

No comments: