Monday, April 24, 2006

This pregnancy is really distracting me at work. Obviously, since this is post #2 today ...

A couple of thoughts. First of all, I have to endorse the prenatal yoga classes at Yoga Union one more time. Camille Mulchi is the most fabulous woman/mama/nurterer-of-mamas/yoga instructor/doula. She brings Belly Bars and Luna Bars to class, has references and resources all over the place, and seems to have no judgments on whatever birth option you're choosing - home birth, hospital, whatever. I've been attending her classes for awhile, and the best part is that she always takes 15 minutes at the start of class to check in with everyone. So we all get to share what's going on in our bodies and emotions and whatever else, and it's very helpful. Seeing all those 38-week bellies is very encouraging and powerful! And of course - the yoga movement has worked wonders for my iffy tailbone and cranky lower back.

Second thought - I think I have that "pregnancy glow" thing everyone talks about. I looked in the mirror yesterday and jumped, thinking I had applied blush and forgotten about it. Pink, rosy cheeks! In Portland! In April! There are a few benefits to these hormones ...

If any SE mamas of preschoolers are reading this - I live near RIchmond Elementary, where they have the Japanese immersion program. At their cherry blossom festival this weekend, I learned they are starting a preschool next year that sounded very affordable to even my inexperienced ears. It's a lovely old building, and the people at the festival were wonderful! Not sure how much of the preschool day is taught in Japanese versus English (the grade schoolers have half a day of each), but it sounded intriguing ...

No comments: