Monday, March 20, 2006

Day ~103

Nausea scale: zero! I'll discontinue this rating (unless it comes back ... lord, no!)
Times up to pee: zero (same as above - though I expect that lovely little symptom to return later on)

Today is my maternity clothes debut!

Thanks to my three best friends, I was able to get up this morning, put on a pair of cute pinstriped pants, slip on a shirt with plenty of room everywhere, and go to work not looking like a bag lady or an overstuffed sausage.

And so far, no one has said anything. I had this weird, junior high trauma anxiety about showing up at the office in preggo clothes. Like people would snicker behind my back or something. It took me all morning to realize how silly that was. Then I went to Dosha for a facial (I needed some self-pampering so, so badly), and they showed me the soaking pool, to which I had to reply, "Oh, I can't. I'm 15 weeks pregnant." That felt sort of weird, but the woman just nodded and smiled and said, "You know, I was going to ask, but then I realized that it would be really rude if you weren't pregnant!" So I guess that means that it's a little bit obvious - more than a pot belly.

It's strange to have such a personal experience be so uncontrollably exposed to the whole world!

We had dinner with friends on Friday night, and everyone was really excited about it. That also helped dispel this weird anxiety I've been having - which is that our friends will stop calling once we're parents, because why on earth would they invite parents anywhere? So far we have not become social outcasts. I can be so dramatic.

Speaking of drama, I threw a huge fit yesterday about our house being so completely wrecked with guests coming in from out of town today. I totally lost it. I sat on the living room floor and sobbed. DTB finally pulled me onto his lap and patted my back and got me to chill out. Now, I am not a complete freakshow - we were, in fact, up until 2:30 a.m. getting all our crap put away and sorted out and finished up. We have been living in a construction zone. And we just ran out of time to make everything lovely for grandma to come stay with us. But, thanks to DTB, my superhero, everything except our bedroom is livable ... and even really lovely.

Happy first day of spring, baby! The weather is perfect and you are in there growing like a champ. I read that you might even suck your thumb starting this week ...

No comments: