Thursday, January 11, 2007

E-parenting

Just now, this minute, I received the following email from Nora's nanny, aka my mom:

"Hi,

Nora and I are back from our walk. It was quite brisk
out but it was a good thing for both of us.

So so cool............when we got back and I took her
out of her stroller I put her down on the blanket on
the floor. I layed her on her back and as I was
putting things away that little bug rolled from her
back to her front - she was looking all around and I
know she was surprised with herself.

She is napping now. Just went to sleep.

Mom"

My heart leapt! So exciting! Baby rolled over back to front! Hoorayyyy! She'd been working on that all week!! And then my heart sunk. I wasn't. There. To see it.

I know - it's the first of many small disappointments like this. So I'll focus really hard on how excited and amazed I am, and how Nora's whole perspective is about to change in a big way. Go, baby, go ... but not too fast, for mama's sake ...

1 comment:

Mrs. Flinger said...

Oh, you kill me. I love the perspective. "Enjoy the new view Nora will have.."

Dude. Now I'm all mushy about milestones. Go, Nora! But do it again when Mommy gets home, 'k?