... how much I would totally, completely love this.
Even getting up in the middle of the night.
Even cleaning the bottles so many times my cuticles start to crack.
Even wiping a poopy bottom.
Even missing out on dancing to '80s music until 2am at my sister-in-law's birthday party.
Even though going to the grocery store takes two hours of preparation.
And I really wasn't prepared for ...
not wanting to go back to work. At all. Ever.
me crying when she got her first vaccines. (Four big shots in her little legs, ohmigoodness!)
how much I would worry about everything.
the way she looks like a totally different person almost every day.
listening to myself talk and talk and talk about her, to anyone who makes the mistake of asking.
the huge bubble of happiness that swells up in my chest and this new energy for life I feel, every day, because of her.
Oh, there is so much more. Just sitting here on a blustery day, with her purring little baby breaths on my neck, listening to the rattling fall leaves and the recess bell ringing down the street, I think I understand contentment.
2 comments:
This is a great post and I think I wrote a very similar one around the same time when my son was first born. The feelings of contentment and realizing how much you love little things never goes away... hope you are enjoying this time!
I love your perspective. Seriously. Sweetness and Joy. Thank you!
Post a Comment