Day ~183
Your party in Colorado was so much fun, Miss Belly. The aunts and grandma all got along (small miracles!), the food was lovely, and so many people came to celebrate you! Off the top of my head, the guests included Grandma Margie, your nonna (my mom), Aunt Linda, Aunt Sandy, Elizabeth, Aunt Debbie, Crinda, Aunt Kay's daughter-in-law Amy (who cried when she arrived - we all miss Kay so much) and her two little girls Alexis and Carly, my friends Bonnie (with sweet little Abby!), Amy M., Val, Alicia, Rita, Maia's mom Shirley (bearing gifts from Lorna and Paula), Christie, and much to my surprise my friend Annie, whom I met when I was just two years old and who was my very best fairyland imagination friend for many years. I know there were more people than that ... it was such a whirlwind, saying hello to everyone - that it passed in the blink of an eye.
You have your high chair waiting for you, and good silly books, and so many sweet little sweaters and jammies and socks! Bonnie even came with two bags of hand me downs from Abby, so we came home with four boxes and an extra suitcase piled high with things that will help welcome you into the world.
But you know - the "stuff" doesn't really matter, even though I'm grateful for all of it. It was being with all these great women, who are so very happy for me, and so excited that you are coming to join us.
And just think - our Portland party is next month, and all of your daddy's family will be there, and your very, very special Aunt K and Uncle R, and all of our wonderful PDX friends that we are so very lucky to have met when we moved here not knowing a soul. Now, if just one of them would have a little one for you to play with ... your mama and daddy are not usually the trailblazing type, you see, so it's exhilirating and a little scary to be the first ones we know to have a baby ...
Your kicks grow ever stronger. I am reading a fantastic book - Ahab's Wife - that is three inches thick and very heavy. When I rest it on my round tummy at night, your kicks actually send it jumping! And a few nights ago, daddy could feel you kicking while I was sound asleep ... how strange to think that you already have an independent life from mine, moving and testing your strength while I am snoozing away. Daddy felt lucky to have some special time, just you and he.
Just 14 weeks to go, Miss Belly. I'm treasuring every moment.
1 comment:
OH! So glad you had a good time. I flew at 20 weeks. Aside from all the peeing, it wasn't so bad. :-)
Post a Comment